Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I am 41 weeks, 2 cm dialted, barely effaced, and about a -2 station. Placenta-good, fluids great. Already had a bloody show and have been losing mucous plug over past couple of days. I am scheduled to go in tomorrow to have chemical put on my cervix to help it ripen. Am having second thoughts about any type of intervention as I don't want to end up with a c-section. Any advice??? Should I wait another week?

Answer Question
 
cjwin

Asked by cjwin at 10:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • i can't tell you what to do but i would wait :)
    Stefanie83

    Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Talk to your Ob/Gyn about the side affects of the medications and also ask if you wait if it will cause any complications. Then do what you think is best for your baby. You know more about what your baby needs than the doctor in the end...Follow your instincts
    Rita62865

    Answer by Rita62865 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • Follow your insticts.
    kbakeman

    Answer by kbakeman at 10:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • *instincts* woops
    kbakeman

    Answer by kbakeman at 10:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • i would talk to the ob and see what she/he thinks cos they could say what they think is best but you know your body and your baby so do what you think is best at the end of it
    angelbaby1323

    Answer by angelbaby1323 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • If you go too long you run the risk of merconium being in the amniotic fluid which can cause harm to your little one. There are other things you can try. Like walking alot (a couple miles) sex or some sort of hard physical labor.

    I've had 2 full inductions and one half (I was contracting but they were too far apart to keep me so my doc asked and I said induce). I never had any issues with any of them. there's a good chance that once they break your water you'll start going on your own. Just remember to wait on the epi until you are contraction good and strong.
    2murphyboys

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 10:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • I would wait, personally. It won't hurt to wait since there are no complications. It really doesn't sound like you're ready, just based on what you've told us here. Ask your doctor what your Bishop score is; a low score indicates that an induction isn't likely to be successful.

    And keep in mind that all this "progress" stuff they feed you is crap. At my last appointment, I was dilated to "maybe a one", not effaced, baby was still high, etc., etc. I went into labor spontaneously three days later. And on the other side of that, I've known people to sit at 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced for weeks. It means nothing. I could happen naturally tomorrow, for all we know. :)
    DragonRiderMD

    Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • if it is your first one I would wait. With my first one I did not wait and I was induced and I ended up in the OR an hour after having him because something tore while I was giving birth to my son. I had to get two units blood transfusion because I lost too much blood. If its your first I would at least wait another week if not let your body take its coarse. If its your second and your body already knows the routine then I think maybe you should be ok. but ultimately use your instincts and talk to your doctor or research the procedure and make a well educated and informed descision.
    iluvmymomasboys

    Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 10:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • You sound like you don't want the induction. So don't do it.

    You also know that your baby is just fine.

    Who knows? You could go into labor in an hour!
    ecodani

    Answer by ecodani at 10:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • I would def wait until the 42 week point and then if the baby does not come then go with the induction. If the baby is fine then just let things progress naturally.
    Melbornj

    Answer by Melbornj at 10:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
fears!

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
He didnt knock me up yet?

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN