Anyone make quilts?

Anyone do any quilting? I do, but I want to know if there is any money in it. I'd like to sale them. What do you charge?

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• This is always something I have wanted to do but so far no luck.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My husband's grandmother sells hers, but I don't know how much for. I could ask her for you.
    barnwell84

Answer by barnwell84 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My Girlfriend recently sold a custom made College t-shirt quilt and sold it for $350. I like to quilt but never have put them up for sale. Now that my kids are in school and winter is coming it's something I'd like to start doing. Good Luck.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• They say take the cost of materials plus # of hours spent & double that should be the cost. I don't know, I have never sold anything I have made. I usually do it for others.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 4:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i just make them for charity. fabric costs a fortune these days; you can't skimp on quality so expect to pay at least $9.00/yd. u need to buy good fabric and joann's fabric, in this area is cheap quality and they are charging $9.00/yd. you need batting and that costs; thread cost a bit plus all your time and effort. one of my quilts went for $275 in a silent auction. i belong to the Quilting Moms group here; you might inquire within.
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 11:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008