talking to an X is it cheating

I've never question my husband on his e-mails or phone calls or even text messages at the dinner table but he questions me. Before we got married I was talking to a friend and i admit it got alittle racy for me and i ended it but my husband found an e-mail dated prior too me ending it. i swear up and down he and the baby wear more important to me then he will ever be. I just started catching up with old friends and have talked to an x that we both said it's nothing more then talking and never plan to get coffee together or even speak on the phone, and yet again he has been checking up on me and feels i'm lying and I can't be upfront with him, but how do you question someone you feel is doing the samething behinde your back also????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• well, since he wants go get his panties in a bunch about you talking to you ex {non sexually} tell him he's now required to show you every single text and e-mail he's sent to other woman since you've been married. He can't trust you which usually means he can't be trusted himself. {the ones ready to throw around guilt are usually guilty themselves}
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 7:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i was always told if your SO accuses you of cheating, its cause their doing something wrong themselves. it may not be cheating, but they are probably doing something they feel guilty about. so their guilt is making them think your doing something your not supposed to be doing either.
    OR, your hubby is very insecure.

with whatever it is. good luck.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• it happened once with my husband. he wasnt cheating, he was just talking to another girl, which to him for some reason he felt guilty about it.
    which is fine with me. cause if he has a problem with something that minor, then i think im okay... lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i agree with these ladies above...and no...plain and simple
    thelook151

Answer by thelook151 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• after all that yesterday morning he got a call it's cold out and he went outside in his boxer and i can hear it's a girl before he walked outside i asked and he said it was no one that's weird huh
    Anonymous

• I think what's good for the gander is good for the goose. If he wants to see your e-mail and you have nothing to hide, let him. However, you need to see his as well. Fair is fair, right?
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 9:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008