how can i get my two year old to keep her clothing ON?!?!

Shes always taking all of her clothing off. First thing in the morning she strips down diaper and all and I'm sick of doing wash because she will poop and pee in her bed then. I'm to the point where I have to duck tape the diaper on backwards an yet still sometimes she gets it off. Or I have to keep onsies on her but shes out growing them. She won't use the pottyeither. Also it's getting really cold and I don't want her getting sick, no sooner I put her clothing on she runs and hids and takes them off again. I'm at a lose of what to do...

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• they are known for doing my girl will come out and not have her diaper on i fight with her to keep it on but nope she wants it off she stays in tops not a problem but bottoms and socks and shoes hell no she will throw them off
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My 2 year old has been the same exactly way! Recently though she's started just out growing that phase. She now puts on about 5 outfits all at once and has to do it herself. I just thinks a phase and it is stressful at times but hopefully she'll out grow it soon like my LO has seemed to :)
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 10:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• maybe let her choose what she wears. give her a choice of lets say three weather appropriate preapproved matching outfits that she can choose from and tell her that if she chooses she has to keep it on if not you will choose. Reward her when she keeps her clothes on for any amount of time. stickers, smarties, ect and praise her let her know how proud of her you are. If she is getting attention with keeping her clothes on maybe she will keep them on but if she gets more attention with them off she will take them off. Every times she takes them off take her to the potty. two is the age to start potty training and even though she hasn't shown intrest taking clothes off is a good sign.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Hahaha! I wish I could tell you. I haven't gotten to that point yet (DS is only 15 months), so I really SHOULDN'T be laughing! But i can't help it! So sorry!!!!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i know it is funny sometimes i have to laugh im so mad lol
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010