Christmas traditions?

What is a Christmas tradition you practice in your family or practiced with your parents?

Please don't bash or judge anyone. Nonchristian and christian traditions welcome.

when we were children my parents would read us the christmas story, we would bake jesus a cake and sing him happy birthday to jesus and eat cake then open our presents, suprisingly we really enjoyed it even though we had to wait longer to open our presents.

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 10:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Starts with the tree. Cant go up until Uncle Chris gets home from college! Then making cookies for santa, helping grandma make pies. Christmas morning is all about the gifts. When we were kids, it was 7AM. Now, its when my daughter wakes up! She likes her sleep!
    mommymeg2002

Answer by mommymeg2002 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When I was growing up, it was a pretty easy and relaxing day for all!!! When we got up, we would have breakfast and than open our presents (my dad always sat next to the tree and handed them out to us, so we would each have a present to open at the same time)!!! Or we would open our stockings first and save tree presents for later (after breakfast). We each had these humongous stockings that were always filled to the brim with little presents, and than the big ones were under the tree! I actually loved x-mas than, it was easy and lots of fun!! My SO has turned it into something for me to dread and abhor, because he gets stressed out for reasons I do not understand and ruins it for me!! But than again.... pretty much every single time I am around him and his mother and his other son, I get super stressed out and anxious (all they do is argue and hit each other, it's bizarre!!).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We always got to open ONE present Christmas eve. My mom always filled our stockings after we went to bed, and she STILL does when I go home to visit! She has one for my husband now, too. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Christmas eve was seafood night. All types of seafood galore. We invited lotsa friends and family. We put out the cookies for Santa and off to bed. The first light one of us would yell out "he was here, he came". Off to the tree and proceed one at a time to open are gifts. Then to nanny's for breakfast and more presents. We always went to Chinese for x-mas dinner.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010