Do you have repetitive dreams?

I do and have had the same dream come up periodically over the last 10 yrs. Can't seem to make sense of it. I know it's my subconscious telling me something, has this happened to you?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, one about being stuck in an elevator and one about being on a farm somewhere. No idea what they mean other than I dont particularly like elevators! Ive had the elevator one since I was a kid. Kinda frustrating isnt it?!
    mommymeg2002

Answer by mommymeg2002 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes its happened to me. I got outta the military in April of this year. Ever since then I have had recurring dreams that I'm back and doing the things I use to when I was in.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• No, I don't have repetitive dream.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• For YEARS...I even go to the same places...that only exist in my dreams.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had one dream 2 yrs apart and it had a strong meaning to it. other than that I might have had bits and pieces of dreams in another dream but not full on repetitive ones
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I do not think so, I rarely recall my dreams though! I used to keep a journal next to my bed so if I awoke after having a dream, I could write it out immediately before forgetting it. I have read up on dreams a little, and certain specific things that happen in a dream correlate with specific things that happen in your life, or may be happening or will happen. they are always symbolic though. For instance if you constantly have a dream that you are driving the wrong way on the highway (right into oncoming traffic), that could mean that you are taking too many risks in your life and your sub. mind is trying to warn you. (this is just an example of how your dreams can relate to your real life).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have a repetitive nightmare. Scariest dream ever and even though I know what is going to happen as soon as it starts, I wake up screaming ever single time. I have had the exact same nightmare 4 times in the last 12 years. The last 3 times I had it I wrote it down each time as soon as I woke up, and nothing ever changes.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had the same dream 3x from ages 12 to 17
    It was about my mom and dad divorcing and there being an issue with where my younger sis went. Mom was portrayed as a monster in my dream and my dad was just my dad.

When I was 17, just before graduation, my mom and dad split and divorced. There was an issue with where my younger sis was gonna be cuz she was problematic. She hated my mom, thought her rules were horrible and she was monsterous and all that teen drama crap, so she went with my dad whom she figured would be lighter in the rule dept(which he was worse them mom ahahaha).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had the same dream several times a week for months when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. It was really scary, and I remember no one believing me when I told them about it. I haven't had a repetitive dream since. I do have dreams that have a common theme though. I've had probably about 10 dreams where I'm trying to protect my kids from a tornado. They are terrifying.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I had one for many many years, that just sort of continued on in the same setting. It was a very familiar place and I always knew when I was back there in the dream. I quit having the dream several years ago and haven't since.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010