What would you do if someone tried to boss you around?

Be it at work or in your personal life? Let's say that the person is just an acquaintance and talks to a lot of people (seemingly friendly to them). Would you suck it up and ignore the bossiness as best you could? Or would you make a statement?

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 11:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I WOULD TELL THEM THAT THEY DONT NEED TO TALK THAT WAY TO ME AND TREAT ME LIKE THEY WANT TO BE TREATED
    mommalovesfour

Answer by mommalovesfour at 11:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Well at work obviously there would be a higher-archy to deal with, and I would try to respect my top boss and immediate boss if they were different people but......I would never do anything which compromised my basic beliefs, EVER!!!! I once walked out on a job because my very best friend at the time called me while I was at work crying her eyes out and super freeked out, she said she was leaving her husband because he had just beat her in front of her kids! I was also living with her at the time because my house had burned down and I had nowhere to go! She called me at work because she needed me and I explained the situation to my boss, whom I always thought very cool! Well we were already short-staffed that day and she said "NO", and I said "my friend needs me, I am leaving when she gets here"!! I left and found out the next day that I was fired!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't stand for it.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't stand for it either. I never have and probably never will. I am ver stubborn and hard headed that way. The more some one tried to boss me around, the more I dig my heels in. I have lost many of boyfriends that way. At work, it might be different. But then if your boss is a good person, then they wouldn't be bossing u around anyway, most people would ask. "You get more flies with honey"......
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't get bossed around....period.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010