wolf in sheeps clothing!...(kinda long)

I'm 27 and preggo with my first child. My BF and I have been together a little less than a year. He recently dropped his prince charming act, and told me (literally) that he is a "greedy selfish Ahole" and he doesn't plan to change. I'm really starting to see some characteristics that I don't like. At the same time he talks about marrying me atleast once a week. All of my friends who are single, married and divorced agree that I should just drop him and move on. Ok so my question is...Should it be that easy to just move on when there is a child involved? Or are we suppose to try and make things work that much more because there is a child involved? I'm not really that pressed about marrying him because he has a lot to work on before I would even consider it. At the same time I had a marriage proposal since I've been pregnant from a friend who would love to be involved in my unborn childs life and marry me. I don't want to feel like I gave up. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Nobody will change unless they want to. Keep that in mind. All you can do is take care of your own happiness and the happiness of your child.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Move on. If he made that statement he doesn't seem to want to put any consideration into your feelings and such because its all about him.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If he says he is a greedy, selfish a$$hole then he will probably never change. I know it may be scary to leave while pregnant, but you deserve better. I would leave him asap before you get anymore hooked to him and find something better. You deserve a lot better than him and honestly I think it's a sign that he admitted that to you! It was his way of saying he is not ready to be a dad and would be more than happy if you leave. That's JMO anyway. GL

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Never marry because a child is involved. Make sure this is something you both want. A child needs a happy, stavle & loving home, so make sure before you settle and are miserable, Good Luck
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It sounds to me like he was giving you a "hint" that he doesn't want to be a husband and dad. Marriage to a selfish person never works. And besides do you want to raise your child around someone like that? You should never stay in a bad relationship because of a child. They will only suffer in the end.
    As far as the friend who wants to marry you don't do it unless you love him too. If you don't he may start to resent it later on or you may find someone who you really do love and then guess what you're already taken.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I meant to say stable, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I just wanted an unbiased(sp?) opinion. I didn't want to make a hasty decision that I may regret. I was already leaning in that direction though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think he is getting cold feet and I agree, he is dropping some hints. You should not stay in this relationship for the baby, it will only cause bigger problems down the road. You need to focus on your pregnancy, and it is great that you have a friend there for support.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have a 2 year old. While I was pregnant he told me we would get married in November. That never happened. He took off and I haven't heard from him since she was 4 months old. He's just a loser, and he's telling you what he thinks you want to hear so you won't get rid of him. If he's a jerk like that it's higly unlikely that he'll put much effort into parenting either.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• First get rid of HIM..."WARNING !!!!" do not put his name on B.C, this gives his 1/2 rights .....

You need to get rid of all men, in your life honey, and get a healthy relationship .

The married man ????

That should tell You what kind of man HE REALLY IS ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010