Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you collect disability for back problems?

Would degenerative disc disease and slipped discs be a disability to collect benefits?
What qualifies.
It seems people are getting disability for almost nothing these days.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Yes, definitely. I have Degenerative Disc Disease from neck to tailbone, 4 bulging disc and Fribromyalga. However, when I was young and dumb, I thought I was being smart and did a lot of work for cash. So when I got in too bad a shape to work anymore, I liked 3 points having enough points to draw disability. They tried basing it on my dh's income but he makes too much money (yeah right). So anyway I sit here on my big rear while he supports the three of us.You should definitely give it a try. I understand the kind of pain your going thru. Good Luck !


    Answer by megamamaw at 12:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Almost nothing, are you kidding?? My son has seizures and a traumatic brain injury from being hit by a oversized truck and it tooke over 3 years to get any help and what little help we get the gov't budget cuts and then it'stoo bad so sad, Do without kid!!! I get less on SSI for him than if I got welfare for him. Oh and in CA you cannot get food stamps for anybody on SSI even thought they are below poverty level but we get a whopping $12 stipend so no groceries for us.

    Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • I collect disability for a variety of reasons. The first is nerve damage. The second is brachial plesus injuries. and there are many other technical things I could name. I would rather be working. But I need to sit down or lay down after a short time. I can't do my own shopping becuae I can't lift a bag of groceries that weigh over 5 lbs.. I can't push a grocery cart or I have severe back back and back spasms. I'll trade you and go back t work any day.

    Answer by seasidegrandma at 12:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Yeah, I think you can.

    Answer by sstepph at 9:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010