Have you ever turned down a marraige proposal?

If so would you care to share why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes because I wasn't ready for that commitment yet. I wanted to finish college first. We got married after that.
    Anonymous

• Yes i have actually i have turned down three the reason for that is i just wasnt ready and i didnt really love them 111
    mommy2buck

Answer by mommy2buck at 7:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• yes just because i didnt have the chemistry there but we are good friends still all is well
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• When I was a senior in high school my bf at the time (who was two years younger than me) proposed and got me a ring. I turned him down. It broke his and MY heart to do... I did love him but he was so young. He was only a sophomore. He had two more years of high school left and I didn't feel it was right to take that from him by being out of school and not able to attend the fun with him. I wouldn't have been able to go to any dances or proms or anything like that. It wouldn't be fair for him to not go and enjoy what should be the most fun in his high school years... so I let him go. I recently got an email thanking me. He is now engaged and very happy =)
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i did. My ex of 3 years never once mentioned marriage,family or kids until i left him. He soon after i moved out brought me a ring and popped the question. I just didn't love him anymore.he was desperate to keep me.he soon after began harassing me at work and the man now am engaged to marry.He did this for almost 6 months. I'm so glad i didn't marry that nut!

ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 8:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The night before my first wedding, an old BF called and told me "it's not too late..call off the wedding and marry me". Maybe I should have listened.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 8:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes...and he even had the ring with him! He was a good friend of mine and he fell in love with me and bought me a ring for Christmas and proposed but I wasn't attracted to him that way and he knew it...he even said 'I know you don't want me like that, but I love you and I would die to make you happy and take care of you'. I couldn't do it...I couldn't take a man like that and not love him back the same way...it wouldn't have been fair to either of us so I said no.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 8:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• 3 times! the first guy was a single parent to 2 wild little kids, I couldn't deal with them so I broke up with him when I realized all he wanted was a mommy for his kids. Nothing wrong with that but he was looking for a woman to dump his kids off on.
    The 2nd guy had 2 boys that lived with their biomom and wanted to get married so he could get custody. I felt bad for the boys..They had a mean mom who only cared about child support. I had 3 girls to think about and I wasn't ready for blending families.
    The 3rd was a great guy and we loved eachother but he drank waay! too much for my taste...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• First one was because he was a drug addict and I was 16. Second one had the same issue and I was 17. Third one was because I was 18 and his mother talked some sense into me. Fourth one was because it just didn't feel right. I married the fifth one. Sixth one (after my divorce) was mentally abusive. Seventh one I married and have been married to him for almost 17 years.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 9:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Haha, I was proposed to when I was 15, I got a ring and accepted. Ahh...I was 15, I ended up being abused by this guy and having to get a restraining order. Before it got to that point, I told him I did not want him as a husband. At 17, I was proposed to, and told that no one would ever love me except him, I declined. What kind of line is that!? There were two others that said they wanted to marry me and spend their lives with me, but I was not in love or even ready. Now, I am in love and hope to marry, but he has not asked.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008