What does he mean?

It was puppy love--- him and I. We parted ways, he is going through a divorce the same time as I am. And I decided to reach out to him. except, he is dating someone he is calling "babe" and "his girl" but told me it was nothing serious. Or that he wanted to marry her. I told him that I felt out of respect for her that will back away. He called me and asked me "Why?" "It's nothing serious with her". He said, "I want us to be friends and we're two grown adults now". I'm just lost because he was always my first love---- we just were too young to know what love truly was. So, here I am, thinking about him and don't know if I should continue to speak with him since both of our divorces are in the process and not final. We were in miserable relationships with our spouses. It's just odd, that I wanted to reach and see him, talk to him. I didn't know e was dating someone until he said something. And to him, he see's that is nothing wrong with him dating this girl and being friends with me. How should I handle this???

Bumble_She

Asked by Bumble_She at 11:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree, with hill2,

You need to find yourself, and not be on the rebound.

Tell him y'all can be friends but nothing more.......
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He said it is nothing serious with her but he wants to marry her? Can you say PLAYER? Time to grow up and learn how to spot the ones that are just going to hurt you, BEFORE the damage is done.
    Anonymous

• If you know you cannot handle it and that it would hurt seing him with someone else then part ways because it will hurt your heart in the end.
    angelove8

Answer by angelove8 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Still sounds like a player. Run.
    Anonymous

• He's just a dog and I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get with other women as well.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, he said that it is nothing serious or like he would ever want to marry her.
    Bumble_She

Comment by Bumble_She (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I know, huh. I should. The past is what it is and it's there for a reason. Time to continue healing from my divorce and carry on----------------------
    Bumble_She

Comment by Bumble_She (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Put yourself in the other girl's shoes...because that is where you will be. He doesn't respect his girlfriend? If he cares about you so much, he would clear his plate for you. He isn't. RUN!!!!!!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would just find yourself meaning you are divorving and you need to learn who you are again and fous and you and your hild or children. I would spae when and if you talk to him sine you said he was your true love that would be more hurtful to deal with I would think
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• um well why dont you ask his girl how she feels the relationship is, he is propbably telling her the same think and there will be your answer.
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010