what is the best place to buy toddler books?

I want to broaden our little library of books for the kids and I was wanting to know where is the best place to buy good but cheap toddler books? thanks bunches!!!!

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 12:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've had good luck with eBay and Amazon.com for used books. Any books I've purchased have been in really good condition. One seller even sent a bonus book with the set:)
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We use Amazon, but there are also used book stores in most towns, and that's a great option. Sale racks at local book stores often have awesome deals, and even the library has some good ones for sale. We've started going to the library and getting new books every couple of weeks, just to break up the monotony of reading the same books for the last 2 years!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We bring books home from the library and see what really sticks with our 3yo. If she's still wanting it at the end of 3 weeks, we'll look for it at places like Amazon or a used book store.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I love the library. Ours here loans them for a month, and after a month kids are tired of the books anyway. I also love a local thrift store here. I can find books in decent used condition for 25 cents. Board books, Little Golden books, Goosebumps books, etc. for 25 to 50 cents. Rarely are books more than a dollar there. My 2 year old is a master destroyer too, so I don't mind it so much when she destroys them. I just keep the library books put up where she can't get to them all the time, and read them with her- she hasn't ruined one yet.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• There is a bookstore here is Portland, OR that is AMAZING! They have EVERYTHING and they sell new and used so you can find really awesome cheap books they sell everything online too...
    the website is

http://www.powells.com/
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I get a lot of DD's books from Dollar bins. Target usually has some and of course the dollar store. It is crazy how expensive baby books are! Also you can try to find someone who you are comfortable with who has an older child to pass down books!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• try the local thrift store there like 50cents an the kids can write on them color them and u dnt have to take it back or worry about the price i have the entire disney book collection for about 15$ there all in great condition and are at a decent price :)
    worriedcuzin56

Answer by worriedcuzin56 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i usually have pretty good luck with the clearance rack at barnes and noble, also a lot of library sometimes do a sale once or twice a year of books, i have gotten some cheap ones there and the dollar tree
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2010