depression..

I'v had the baby blues for the last 3 months the doctor put me on prozac but idunno if its helping? Did anyone else have this and what did you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• I was told I had PPD 3 months after having my daughter and she put me on Celexa. It takes time to work and I would follow the doctors advice on how long you need to take it and whatnot. Most the time they know what's best so I would just go by what the doctor says.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Baby blues and post-partum depression are two very different things. Are you also receiving counseling? That can be more effective than pills. I hated pills, because I felt numb all the time, even on a super low dose. I've been using exercise and diet to treat mine (not 100% effective, but definitely an improvement). If you don't feel that the Prozac is helping, you should really talk to your doctor. Good luck!! ((hug))
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have PPD too. I just try and talk about it. It always helps.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's PPD, it thought it was just baby blues at first but when I started taking 2 or 3 showers a day so i could cry and being OCD and worring about my kids the doctor said she thought it was more then BB. I don't have insurance anymore I got laid off three days after my baby was born so thats why shes gave me the pills becasue they are only like 4 dollars at walmart. I'V been on the for 3 months and I don't really feel any different or numb? I'v noticed if i dont take them i have nightmares and am very moody.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are there any doctors in your area that charge on a sliding scale? Start looking online. That's what I've had to do, and it's all based on your income. If you don't think the Prozac is making a difference, it's worth it. Even finding a support group may help.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Idunno i just moved here right after i had my baby, i'v stopped taking the meds for a few days but things start going back to the way they were. The dr said it could be from having two under two its just really stressful, that even she went on it for awhile till she could get the hang of everything. i was looking from groups on here right after i asked the question. i was just kinda wondering what others were doing to cope or get ride of it. or if its just something you have to "grow" out of. i love my kids more then anything in the world, and i just want to be able to want to go outside, and play, not sleep all day, feel sick or cry when things get stressful.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my doc gave me lithium...try getting out i the sun, excersie works, going to a therpy can help you talk it out get that stress out. I did not seek therapy til now and it helps. I hated being so down and blue.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Get outside and enjot the fresh air! I started taking Super B complex with vit C and it really gave me energy and boosted my spirits
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2010