We finally decided, we are TTC!

Its been several months of discussing whether or not we even want a second child, then deciding when to try and get pregnant. I just got off the pill yesterday, and according to an ovulation calendar I wont even be ovulating til the 4,5, 6th of january. My only concern is that it will be an October baby, and our Son is an October baby.
Does anyone else have children born in the same month, how do you deal with it and the birthdays being so close together?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Congrats on the decision!! I face the same issue. My daughter is also an October baby. I want another baby....but I don't want to have birthdays too close together, or too close to Christmas. I don't want the kids to feel gypped because we don't have enough money to buy them as much as we would if their birthdays were farther apart. But you never know how long it will take to get pregnant, so I figure it's best to seize whatever chance we have and deal with the birthday aspect when we get there. We'll always figure something out. Like taking whatever money we would spend if a birthday was in july, and just putting it into a savings account to use when birthdays come around. Take $10 out of every paycheck, or whatever. Plus I figure, at least the first few years, we can give a second child hand-me-down toys - we have so many toys already from our daughter, and kids don't care about packaging until they are at least 5.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my friend has girls who's birthdays are 2 weeks apart. She has 1 big party
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have to say, I would try not to just have one big party. It's not fair unless they're twins. A birthday is supposed to be a special, individual day. It would suck to have to share it. That could create some resentment.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Congrats! I don't think it will be so bad if they have birthdays in the same month, you save money on the parties.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 1:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I ment to add this and forgot: I know its not a guarantee that I will get pregnant in January, but its just a possibility I am thinking of since it took Litterally 17 days for me to get pregnant with the 1st baby. I know this because DH was in basic training and I didnt see him for 6 months, we got back together on january 1st, then the Dr told me I conceived on the 17th, the day we moved into our new house!
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My brother and sister Share a birthday only 14 years apart, so I only remember them actually having one big party together since my sister was so much older than my brother and she didnt have parties too much anymore. I think it was her 18th birthday it was a big bash
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My two daughters were both born in September.. .I LOVE IT.. they were born on Sept 12 of 07 and Sept 20 of 08... the birthdays is so much easier because I can have one party for both girls...
    booskybear23

Answer by booskybear23 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010