Do you find it suspicious when someone joins the group late?

For instance if someone were to join the December 2010 group and talk about being pregnant and trying to make friends in their areas. Do you find it a little odd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Maybe they didn't know about the website until now. Although be careful pregnant momma's, a woman here was murdered and had her baby cut from her tummy by someone she met online. Very sad story.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sometimes, but everyone has to start somewhere right?
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are you serious EverydayMomma? Thats crazy. There was a momma on here that wanted to become personal friends when she found out we had the same due dates. She wanted too much info though aand freaked me out. Im so paranoid. I dont wanna ignore these moms or accuse them of anything but I dont wanna take chances.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• REALLY EverydayMomma!!!! I have been part of this site since it started!!! When did that happen?!?!?! I didn't hear about that!!!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no.....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• They didn't meet on this website. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbie_Jo_Stinnett
    There's a little bit of the story.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If you google her name, you can find the news articles about it. I hope it never happens to anyone else. Always be cautious.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thanks EverydayMomma! Wow is all I can say for the story. I have heard this happen a time or two, but not in the last 10 years. That is just disturbing and I'm glad she is getting the death penalty! For someone to be able to do that to another human being is just sick!

As for your question anon, yes I do find it somewhat suspicious when someone enters a group like that late in the year.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't get it. Why would it be suspicious if they just found it? Isn't everyone new to a group at some point?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I just joined last month, although I am not pregnant. I am though a suspicious person by nature. Old job hazard I guess.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010