Would you be concerned?

Would you be concerned if your11 year old daughter weighed only 63lbs and 4feet 7 1/2? How much does your 11 year old daughter weigh and how tall is she? We don't have insurance right now, so I need to wait to take her in to the doc, if there is a need. Her twin sister is 82 lbs and 4feet10 1/2(not identical). I am just trying to get some other comparisons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would look at how she is behaving and feeling. How are her eating habits, and how active is she? Does she appear to have any health issues like frequent bladder infections, stomach cramps, etc.. I would look at those things for signs of any health issues too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Do you want to take her to the doctor only because of her weight? Does she eat healthy? I weighed 70 lbs at 11, i ate just fine, just had a really good metabolism.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 1:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i have an 11 year old daughter that is very active she is 4'8.25" and is 85 pounds, i am short (5'4) and slim her dad is 6'2" and average build
    kitkat1975

Answer by kitkat1975 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My boys are 11 and 12 and my daughter is 10, they are all short for their age...always have been. They get bullied quite alot because of it but there are alot of shorter people in the family, obviously not there fault and nothing that can be done about it. My oldest is finally filling out and is around 90 pnds. but his younger brother is only about 60pnds at 11 1/2. He eats just fine and is pretty active...he is just skinny...still wearing a size 10 pants. His younger sister has now passed him in weight, she is about 65pnds and is filling out more too, proly puberty. They go to the dr. once or twice a yr and she doesnt seem to be at all worried about their weight or height because I guess she can see that they are healthy. So unless you see a change in eating habits I wouldnt worry but definetly get a check up just to make sure as soon as you can.
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 7:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I do not know about the weight...but I do know that if you suspect that anything is wrong physically with your child then there are always clinics which are free. Time to bite the pride bullet and get some assistance.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• She will be 11 in March. 60 lbs and 4'7". She is one of the shortest in her class, but is healthy and doctor says she is deveolping normally.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2010