For moms who smoke or used to...

Has the price of cigarettes made you stop buying them? Or do you still smoke despite the price?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I quit 3 years ago. I was standing outside smoking and my son was watching me. Something snapped in my brain and I realized it was the wrong unhealthy message to send to my kids. I quit cold turkey that day.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I quit smoking a few years ago and all the money I save is just ONE MORE benefit to kicking that nasty habit.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I stoped smoking because I had a new born and I had cut down to the point where smoking was a non-issue (I had went from a pack a day to litterally 2 cigerettes a day within 9 months). The way I saw it I was giving myself extra years to be with my kids. Plus the fact that my baby wound up having asthma as well as my son (seasonal only, they are good around other people who smoke, just not when the seasons change) it cemented my desire to be healthy for my kids. I just didn't want my kids growing up thinking that smoking was something they HAD to do in order to relax. I wanted them to make the decision for themselves when they became old enough.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• shoutingOrionsgirl === This is such an excellent answer. Congratulations of your Smart Enough, and Loving Enough Reasoning .!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i still smoke, i cant really afford soo i cut back on things i need, boy is that dumb but i dont want to quit right now i would lose any sanity i have left.
    kitkat1975

Answer by kitkat1975 at 4:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The price hasn't made me stop, it is more like lack of money.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I tried to quit recently but started again. I will try again soon. The prices are just one factor. It also makes me short of breath, plus I don't like the way it makes me smell and I also hate being such a slave to this habit.
    VickiD63

Answer by VickiD63 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I buy them across state lines where i can still get a carton for $20
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We still smoke despite the price. We started rolling our own so it's only $24 for 2 cartons of cigarettes.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2010