im beingv induce tomorrow to have my bby, any advice from anyone would be very helpful.

Btw (by the way) its my first bby

nora_flores

Asked by nora_flores at 12:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just hope you don't have to have a c-section. If you're induce it's more likely that you need one. I don't know what's wrong with doctors these days- they're inducing my sister on the 21st because her obstetrician will be on vacation!
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are you having an epidural too? If so, my advice is not to ask too early, wait if possible. I was induced for both.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Wait as long as possible before getting an epidural! If you do get an epidural you WILL itch like crazy. Try not to let it get to you, cold wash clothes help a lot with the itch!
    Remember to advocate for yourself or have someone there to do it for you. You DH is great to have there but another woman is really a big help, like mom or sister as they will more understand what you are going through. If you aren't progressing find out what your options other than a c-section are! Your baby doesn't have a 2 hour to be born time limit. I was in labor for 40 hours and 9cm and they wanted me to have a c-section. I asked them to all leave the room but for the people who had to be there for another hour to see if I would progress any more instead of having a whole bunch of people all over me. Sure enough another hour I was ready to start pushing. Had I not asked they would have made me have a c-section.
    Relax or at least try. GL :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thanx for the advice I'm going to try my very best to wait for an epidural, btw y is a c-section such a big deal? I really don't know what's the difference between vaginal birth & c-section.
    nora_flores

Comment by nora_flores (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I was induced twice... LOVED my epi!! Never got any kind of an itch form it!! If you have certain things you want or don't want make sure you hubby/coach knows so they can advocate for you! Tell hubby just b/c he's a man doesn't mean he doesn't have to have a voice in teh labor and delivery room!!

During my 2nd I was progressing really slow and waiting for the epi... finally gave in and that allowed things to progress very fast at that point. So it's 50/50 on waiting as long as you can for the epi.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Good Luck! and remember you are leaving there with a Baby !!!!! soak up every min at the hospital!!! It will be the best day of your life. You will miss it when its over it goes by so fast.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 1:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• ohhh and if you have post epi headaches ask for a "blood patch" to fix it!! Simple explanation why... when you have an epi you puncture membrane that keeps the proper amount of pressurein the fluid sack around your spine/brain. If that pressure is off balance so to speak it can cause headaches. For a blood patch they take some of your own blood and inject it back into that puncture hole and it clots there. This closing the hole allowing the pressure to return to normal - fixing the post-epi headache. I never had to have it, but it was great knowing I knew just what to ask for! (I was told all this by a friend that is an anesthesiologist)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Breathe through the contractions!! Don't hold your breath...it'll make the pain much worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Listen to your body, it has a way of telling you what you need. I was induced and had an epidural shortly after. It made the labor experience actually enjoyable!
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• There are a lot more serious risks with a cesarean.
    A natural delivery is safest for a normal pregnancy-- avoiding unnecessary interventions is safer for a normal pregnancy.
    It's important because we want to keep our babies & ourselves as safe as possible.

Induction is a big deal because it leads to a cesarean much of the time.
    Knowing when to intervene is important, avoiding intervening if not needed would be important.

Why are you getting induced?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010