i need your help ...please PIOG

Doctors make me so MAD! I HATE doctors. So here is the back-story to this. My son has had this rash on him, which makes him itch a little; he has had it for about a year. (DON’T YOU DARE BASH ME) finish reading. I don’t think it bothers him, I can touch it and I don’t get any response, as it is hurting. I barley ever see him itch it, its just there, and looks really bad. It has not gotten any better if anything it has gotten worse. He has it on his hip (which is pictured) that’s the worse spot; the others are not as bad, they are just little spots on his back and a little on his arm. I have taken him to 4 doctors. 3 while we were in Oregon. Those doctors told me the same thing as the doctor I have seen in California (Continue to next post)

Jasmine0530

Asked by Jasmine0530 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• Continue…
    They both said to put this lotion stuff called cetaphil on him, so I did. It started to work a little but then after using it for a while it stopped working and started to get worse. They also said to stop using Johnson and Johnson, and I did. They said switch to a mild soap so I did. Then they said when that didn’t work to switch to another and I did. Still nothing. They said to change laundry soap. I have now changed my laundry soap 4 times! Still has it. They said to not give him baths that often so I don’t, he was getting a bath every other day, and that didn’t work. So they said to give less so I was giving him a bath every 3 day. And that doesn’t work. Still doesn’t go away. They said try destine (SP it’s the diaper rash stuff) nothing. They said try baking soda baths and I do and guess what. He still has it and it doesn’t go away. Continue to next post.
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• They also said try an itch creams and none of that stuff works. He is not allergic to anything. So anyway I am just venting a little cause I am soo mad at his doctors, cause they really haven’t helped him. So I am wondering if any of you moms have any ideas on what I can put on it to help him out and/or what it might be so I can try and figure out how to help him. So here is the link to the picture, I can’t figure out how to post it. Sorry http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=10774579&ct=mine
    Jasmine0530

• I'm so sorry. I really would keep going Dr. to DR. until you have an answer to what the problem really is. That is just ridiculous for him to be going through and frustrating as a parent knowing you can't do anything to help. That picture looks horrible. I do hope you find some help for him. HUGS!

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I had a rash on my face for years and no doctor could ever figure out what it was. I went to a dermatologist and he saw me for two seconds and came back in with a book and said here is what you have. It is rare, can't remember the exact name. I would try and go to a dermatologist. Have you tried and oatmeal bath?? The dermatologist told me to go to a feed store, livestock store and buy this stuff. I thought he was crazy, but it really worked. I will try and find out what it is and send you an email. Good luck and I hope there is something that will help your little man.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• JD08 i forgot to mention that i tried a milk bath too, and didnt work. i have never had him take a oatmeal bath, but i will surely try anything, and i will have to check out a dermatologist for sure and see what they have to say means the regular dr dont seem to know what they are talking about. is it any kind of oatmeal? and it would be great if you could find the name of what you had. thanks
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I been there done that my son had a bad rash on his belly where his pant goes around,the school kept on and on about it,it itched him and I tried everything cortisone creams,lotions you name it,I took himto an allergy doctor,who did an allergy test,it came back only allergic to a few thing.he gave him someointment it didnt work,we went back he gave him somekind of gooey lotin stuff it didnt work,it burned his im so I didnt use but maybe twice,the doctor said he had exzema,I took him to several doctors over the course of the year,finally one saidhe was allergic to the nickel in his belt buckle,so I order one that is nickel free and start putting patches over his buttons on the

geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• backs of the buttons,well tomake a long story short,he had alump to comeup in his groin area and he complained that it hurt and was tender to touch so I takehim to the ER the doctor says its a hernia but soon discovers its not he comes into the room after consulting with another doctor on the phone and says he needs to be transported to another hospital,I am scared to death,they take him to the other hospital the doctor there looks at him and says he had a swollen lymph node that got infected from this rash that no doctor could give me any meds to help,they kept him obernight pumped him full of antibiotics and the ointment she gave worked,he cant have a bath in
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• any kind of soap except for the gold dial,we stilluse the ointment and the rash so far is gone.maybe ask the doctor about nickel rashes thats what I was told started his,I have been through all the hype with the doctors and the lotion and potions,sorry this was soooo long but I know where yourcoming from,goodluck.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008