OMG! Burping help, please!

My baby will automatically puke up her formula if she doesn't get burped during feeding. The thing is, sometime no matter how many times I try or positions I try to burp her with, she just won't burp. Then it never fails, a few minutes later I have a gusher. I just don't know what else to do!

Aso, is it okay to feed her soon after the puking? She gets hungry not long after, usually..

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 1:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried laying her in your lap with her belly on your thigh? the extrap external pressure might help.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• How old is your baby?
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

•  

For that problem I use the middle position in the photo. But I hold the babies head up by cupping the chin with my hand. Then I sit the baby up as straight as possible and gently bounce my knee while patting the baby on the back. It might take a few times to get the hang of it, but it produces a burp every time.

Good luck! If you try it and still need some advice about how to do it, pm me. I am more than willing to talk you through it.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• That should say baby's head... not babies. Dumb fingers!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• This is a better pic of what I am talking about.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• that was what i was talking about too. but dont worry about the acid reflux. its common in babys but it will disapear over time.
    2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• that is what i was talking about. bouncing your knee and patting her back. and dont worry about the acid reflux thing. it is common in babys. and will disapear over time.

2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i don't feed my baby right after she pukes cuz she just pukes again. maybe you are feeding her too much. dont make her finish the bottle if she doesn't want to.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2010