i need your help ...please PIOG

Doctors make me so MAD! I HATE doctors. So here is the back-story to this. My son has had this rash on him, which makes him itch a little; he has had it for about a year. (DON’T YOU DARE BASH ME) finish reading. I don’t think it bothers him, I can touch it and I don’t get any response, as it is hurting. I barley ever see him itch it, its just there, and looks really bad. It has not gotten any better if anything it has gotten worse. He has it on his hip (which is pictured) that’s the worse spot; the others are not as bad, they are just little spots on his back and a little on his arm. I have taken him to 4 doctors. 3 while we were in Oregon. Those doctors told me the same thing as the doctor I have seen in California (Continue to next post)

Jasmine0530

Asked by Jasmine0530 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Continue…
    They both said to put this lotion stuff called cetaphil on him, so I did. It started to work a little but then after using it for a while it stopped working and started to get worse. They also said to stop using Johnson and Johnson, and I did. They said switch to a mild soap so I did. Then they said when that didn’t work to switch to another and I did. Still nothing. They said to change laundry soap. I have now changed my laundry soap 4 times! Still has it. They said to not give him baths that often so I don’t, he was getting a bath every other day, and that didn’t work. So they said to give less so I was giving him a bath every 3 day. And that doesn’t work. Still doesn’t go away. They said try destine (SP it’s the diaper rash stuff) nothing. They said try baking soda baths and I do and guess what. He still has it and it doesn’t go away. Continue to next post.

Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• They also said try an itch creams and none of that stuff works. He is not allergic to anything. So anyway I am just venting a little cause I am soo mad at his doctors, cause they really haven’t helped him. So I am wondering if any of you moms have any ideas on what I can put on it to help him out and/or what it might be so I can try and figure out how to help him. So here is the link to the picture, I can’t figure out how to post it. Sorry http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=10774579&ct=mine
    Jasmine0530

• Has he ever had chicken pox, or been vaccinated for it? Can't tell much from your picture, but it looks similar to when my oldest had shingles. It can last for months, and also rarely causes pain in young children (it just gets a little itchy). Might be worth it to have him tested for the virus.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• he has had the vaccine for chicken pox. when i had my shingles they tested him or something and said that wasnt what he had. i forgot to mention that in the post sorry
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I feel for you. Have you seen a dermatologist? If not, get on the waiting list. If so, try and infection control specialist. I took care of a student who was treated by doctors without success for a fungal infection. When he was finally referred to a dermatologist, it was determined to be psoriasis and cleared up with proper treatment. To the untrained eye, including a primary physician, it looked like ringworm. Only the specialist was right. Skin conditions are the most difficult to differentiate. Find someone with experience in pediatric dermatology and/or infectious disease. You will find out for sure what it is. It seems like a pigment rather than a rash. Is that the pic or would you say it is more than a superficial condition? It seems to be part of or under the skin rather than on the skin.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It seems like a pigment rather than a rash. Is that the pic or would you say it is more than a superficial condition? It seems to be part of or under the skin rather than on the skin.

you will have to forgive me.. i have no idea what you mean here. i did just notice that the picture i posted is one while he wsa in the bath tub so his skin is wet and normally it is really dry.

Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Ok, this probably isn't really very helpful but all the things they have told you to do they told me to do for my boys eczema and that rash looks nothing like theirs. Like I said, not really helpful but just fyi. Like another poster said I would definitely get him in to a dermatologist.
    fentrio

Answer by fentrio at 10:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ya i think that is what there problem is, they keep treating it like eczema, and thats what they said it wasnt. i am looking for a dermatoligist.
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am no expert but think maybe it is some type of yeast infection called Candida. Try and take him to an alternative healing center where they can show you how to change his diet and get him off of sugar completely including breads, white flour etc. Start researching Candida and in the meantime go to a health store and buy Colloidal Silver which comes in a spray, dropper or just plain in a bottle. It is a liquid and is the best at so many things. I use it the minute my kids get a sore throat and spray about 5 sprays in the back of their mouths, I give 15 drops under their toungue when they feel a cold coming on and I have used it on bandades to get rid of plantar warts on feet and warts on skin . It is used and has been used for centuries in hospitals for burn victims. It is a natural anticeptic. Spray some on your chiilds rash and let it air dry.
    GENEWIZE2008

Answer by GENEWIZE2008 at 6:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I agree with the above poster, it looks like a possible yeast infection. If you don't want to ask your pedi about it being a yeast skin infection, or if you don't want to go the natural route to treat it, you could try an OTC antifungal cream yourself and put it on one small spot to see if that clears it up for him. If it does, then you have your answer and should call the pedi to tell him what you discovered. The pedi may be able to provide you with a prescription antifungal that will be better for your son to use.
    Anonymous