what blood type are you?

im A Positive.. but what do blood types mean ? anyone know?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is classification of antigens found in blood. I am O-
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm o positive and from what I understand that's the rare one. I haven't a clue as to why thre are different types. I remember from biology class though that if one parent is type A and the other is type B the child is born AB. So all of your siblings that have the same mother and father are the same type as you. I think this is also why when you need an organ transplant, the first choice they look to for a match are your siblings.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It gives doctors and others an idea in case something ever goes wrong and you need a blood transfusion. I am A positive and my husband is O positive. I have no idea what my kids are though.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh and it's either O+ or O- or both that can be used as a blood transfusion with all types of blood, no matter what the person has. That's one of the reasons when they ask you to give blood that they are in desperate need of O.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• ohh i see i thought A+ was the most known for all blood types whats the most rare ans the most known?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• O+ is the most common. Than A+ then B+ then AB+ then O-, A-, B- and AB- is the rarest.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• thanks! wow thats soo cool
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It is interesting. It is odd that you asked this question because I was just researching the subject. I am pregnant and am having some issues due to blood type so that is the only reason why I knew the answer.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• ohh i see :) congrats! what problems if i may ask?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i'm an 0+ and my oldest child is AB- and because of our blood types she was born with jaundice that almost killed her ( according to the doctor) she had it until about three months old
    pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 2:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010