11 1/2 year old

My 11 1/2 year old daughter hasn't started any developing yet. Is this okay for that age? Does anyone else have a daughter this age, that hasn't started anything yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• it's perfectly normal. If she doesn't start to develop by 14, then worry. I didn't start till I was 12 or 13.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:34 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think its great for her. Girls, a long time ago, sometimes didn't develop until 16.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have a friend who's DD didn't start to develope until she was a senior in high school. I would not worry to much and if you become really concerned I would talk to the doctor about it.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's normal. Girls develop at different ages. You could ask her doctor, in private, when you take her in for a yearly checkup.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That is actually really good! Too many young girls are starting to develop too early these days... I agree, it used to be the norm for kids to start developing at about 16... only when we started getting so many hormones in our food that we started developing so early as a country....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• While it seems these days they are maturing quicker, there is really no set age as to when they develope. She may just shoot up and out in the next year or so, it really is amazing how quickly they can change
    eyezofblue76

Answer by eyezofblue76 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2010