If you could only receive one single gift for Christmas, what would it be?

My ideal gift this Christmas would be a $1,000 gift card (preferably from Wal-Mart or Target), because I could finally buy some much needed clothing for my son as well as a few enrichment toys that his speech therapist has recommended. I could also finally be able to buy some first-aid supplies and basic crap that every mom with a toddler should have on hand all of the time (which my SO says is not necessary because he does not need it right now). Oh there is so much I could do with that!!! That would go so much further in trying to take care of my baby boy the way I wish I could than any gift he will receive this x-mas. I know as years before, he will receive a few over-priced outfits and stupid toys and stuffed animals which I despise and will wind up throwing away. I am a great bargain-shopper, I could stretch that shit so far!!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• To take away the pain of losing loved ones from my friends and family.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• seeings how my kids aren't really needing anything..... i would have to be selfish for once and say i want that laptop i've been pining for for about 6 years LOL
    pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 2:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am not asking for Christmas gifts this year because the recession has hit our immediate and outside family hard. Many of us do not have jobs. I am buying only for my kids. No teachers, no dh, no nothing. It sounds cliche to say, but it really is true for me: the look on my kids' faces on Christmas morning is the only gift I need/want. Besides, I play with them with most of their toys and dh does too so that's fun! I'm excited too because I found a crayon maker! How cool is that?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Bra's.... or gift certificates to get them. They're expensive at 40 bucks a pop, and a necessity.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i hope this doesn't sound too cheesy...but i would LOVE for my husband to be home for Christmas! i haven't seen him since July!!

Half my heart is in Iraq : (
    SoldiersWifey01

Answer by SoldiersWifey01 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Shoot I don't buy the $40. bras. I get them at Walmart or Taget for about $10-$15 and wear the heck out of them until they're worn out then I buy more. I wash mine in a mesh bag too on delicate and hang to dry. They will last a LOT longer that way.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i want a pvr!!! ( i THINK you guys call them tivo in the states, im in canada)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 1,000,000 - then I can get EVERYthing that I want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm already getting what I want and got so much more. My BIL and his family who are in Cali, he's a marine since last year when the found out their surprise pregnancy turned out to be twin girls at the 20 week ultrasound, was able to get the leave to come out on Jan 2nd to be part of my son's baby blessing. "Grandpa" Harold is also able to make the trip out from DC, and that was really about all I wanted, but Harold went above and beyond and as a combined birthday, christmas, and hey you're a student with two kids and don't even own a laptop got me an Ipad so that I have something nice to help me with school. Which was totally awesome.
    So there's nothing really left that I'm dying for this christmas. If my husband goes and gets me a few books for my ipad that I can read and tote around with me for Fun it would be awesome, but really I'm content to spend our limited money on him and the kids.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my pre preggo body back..... so I can feel sexy again and actually wanttttt to have sex with my husband
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 3:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010