Any idea what would cause this? Pain, lower right abdomin

I've been having this pain in my lower right abdomin on and off for most of the day. It's been a bit tender and painful but it wasn't so bothersome it was stopping me from doing things, until tonight. I woke up from sound sleep in agony, it really really hurts. Moving makes it hurt worse. I tried a hot shower and keeping the shower head and warm water right on that area, it's about a half handspan out from the prominant part of the hip bone and a little bit down, and that didn't help any at all. I'm trying to stay in one place but it's still agonizing and then when I move or god forbit caugh it's utter hell. I've been trying to distract and keep occupied, but it's been over an hour now and it's not really abating.
I should have had my period back around the fourth, but it never came. I got a bit of spotty bleeding, but that was it and it was only like maybe once or twice and not even enough that when I put on a pad it caught anything. Just some intermitten break through. Being worried I did take a pregnancy test, ach so don't want to be pregnant but I do know that a bit or so ago back we forgot the condom and we have about two more months until the hubs vasectomy is effective(or until we go in to be sure it has worked at any rate), just to be sure and it was negative. So is this just my period coming on the way it should and angry becuase it got delayed or what's going on here?
Any ideas on what this could be? I hate that I'm coming off as totally paranoid, but it's the middle of the frickin' night and I'm not too happy with the status of things and I can admit that I tend to be rather paranoid at times. Apparantly this is one of them, of course I'm also admitidly a baby about pain.
Help, ideas, possible problems or solutions would be much appreciated.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 2:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• Appendicitis?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• according to my doctor if it's your way lower right it's possible appendix
    pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 2:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• sounds like appendix my gpa had that
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• That sounds like it might be appendicitis, and, not to scare you, but that can be fatal if not treated right away. It might be worth a trip to the ER if the pain is pretty severe.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If the pain is pretty severe, there is a good chance it may be appendicitis.  If your appendix ruptures it can be fatal.  Worth a trip to the ER to see what is going on.

FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• if its below the hipbone its not appendicitis, first of all. the appendix is between ribs and hip. I had a ruptured appendix and could describe exactly where it is. Sounds like you could have an ovarian cyst or some uterine problem. Could also be intestinal. Call the hospital and get their advice.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Maybe appendix
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2010