HELP!! My twins have severe gas problems

I dreadddd feeding my 7 week old twins.... (they are fed similac sensitive formula)

for at least an hour after I feed them they strain, scream, cry, stretch out, and throw their hands around in the air... I have tried everything to help the issue (put them on their tummy, placed em on a vibrating bouncer, gave them anti gas drops for infants, etc..) but nothings working.. they are now 7 weeks and this has been going on since they were 3 weeks. It's soooo bad that they stay up all night screaming... not only am I sleep deprived, with a constant headache from the screams it also breaks my heart to see them in so much pain.

A friend of mine said she switched to enfamil formula and her baby stopped having gas problems but when I ran it by their pedatrition she said switching formulas would only make it worse and that this is totally normal and by the time they were 4 months they would grow out of it because they learned how to push the gas out themself, but it seems to severe to be normal..... what experiences has everyone had? I dont know what to do anymore...

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 3:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my twins had that problem and it was milk allergy. I switched them to Isomil (soy formula) and it helped them.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• see I thought about that too but aparently my prediatrition thinks otherwise claiming there would be more symptoms... I'm thinking about switching their doctors
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I had to switch doctors for mine several times over different health issues. You might just try it and see. It only took 2 days before I noticed a difference.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I switched my daughter to soy formula an she still gases her dad is haitian and would boil lettuce and put like 2 ounce of the water in a bottle feed it to her and than give the formula it did magic sometimes he would give it to her after the bottle too if she was still cryn and it workd... (i was against it at first im hispanic but he did it 1x it workd an i was sold ) :) give it 1 try and see what happens gud luck mommy
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 6:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i would switch doctors and formula! My doctor showed me an exercise you can do with the baby by taking their legs and pushing them up to their chest, it helps the gas push out! It did help my daughter!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010