Winter skin. grrrr

My lips are flakey, dry and bleeding. Chap Stick just isn't all it's cracked up to be, no pun intended. What do you ladies do about winter lips and skin?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:34 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Lips - Lip Medix (blue circle-shaped tin, made by Blistex) is all I use. One or two applications and they're good as new.

Skin - OIay Quench for day-to-day moisturizing (soap and lotion both) and when it gets really bad (I work in the healthcare industry, so lots of hand washing and very dry/raw hands in winter), I use Eucerin. It's kind of greasy, so I only use it at bedtime, but that's usually all I need is one application.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Often times I will simply put vaseline on my lips at bedtime. Just to help them stay hydrated. Although I am really feeling the winter skin/hair right now too.

Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 6:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Do you have a humidifier? Increasing the humidity in the house, especially in the bedroom, helps me a lot with this.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Walmart has it usually in with the rest of the chapsticks. It comes in a little tin, like Carmex (which I hear is also good). I know Walgreens carries it, and I'm sure other pharmacies do as well.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• carmex is the shit!
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 11:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• beuticontrol has a great lip exfoliate - a nd I love good old vaseline
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I use lots of lotion on my hands and I also us chapstick but, it works fine for me but, I am not at the cracked and bleeding stage just yet. Have you tried carmex?
    V.M.Smith

Answer by V.M.Smith at 12:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• right after u get out of the shower use a bath oil to seal in the moisture. u could use vaseline on your lips
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Where do I buy the lip stuff because I don't recall seeing that at Walmart?
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 4:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I had a humidifier a few years ago but then it became a play thing for my toddler lol so up it went
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 7:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2010