how oeel bad/down on myself

So you all know its cold as hell out (I live in Michigan) and I dont have a car. So if I have to do something I have to take my son out in the cold with me. He is bundled up very well but I still feel bad I have to take him out. I dont have the luxuary like last year to have asitter come to me and watch him. Sometimes when I am out I swear I am the only person that has a kid out so I feel like a bad mom or people are looking down on me...like smh she should have that baby inside. Uhhh how can get this out my head? I try to reduce the amount of times I have to take him out but since no help he has to come. He is to yuong to stay home alone.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 5:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Find someone to watch him even if its an our or 2 while you are out. If it's a money issue, check Craigslist. Trust me, it's full of people willing to watch a child for cheap.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yeah I dont even got extra cash like that....
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• and I need someone in a day...I shouldnt leave my kid with a person I just met.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• As long as he's bundled up, you shouldn't feel bad. I'm in NE Ohio, and it's really cold and snowy here as well. I see moms with their kids walking and I've never thought "what a bad mother" - you have to do what you have to do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I make sure he is warm. I hate be self consicous (sp). I live on the university campus and I feel awkawrd sometimes pushing my son in his stroller cause you know most people dont have a kid but I feel okay cause at least I am at a college campus with a kid.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010