What should i do?

I watch my 4 year old cousin mon-fri from 8am to 11pm an i am the primary adult in her life but when she acts out or says things i disagree with (my 1.5 yr old is starting to mimick her ) i will tell her mother and she just laughs should i ignore it or just stop watching her ??

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 5:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• STOP WATCHING THAT EVIL CHILD!
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Talk to her mother and tell her ifthe kid isn't going to mind you that you can't watch her anymore.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree with the poster above me. You are watching her for 15 hours a day, if you can't discipline her to act how you would like in your house, then you shouldn't be watching her. I watch my nieces and my SIL knows that in my house you follow my rules. She is fine with it too
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yea she says i can disicpline her but it doesnt work like as soon as she knows that i know she is in trouble she will like walk to the corner or turn the tv off and just sit there its almost like she is aware of what she is doing sometimes i get mad an say why am i doing this again? i have my own kids to be worried about and i dont want them thinking mommy is ok with this negative behavior
    premiemom18

Comment by premiemom18 (original poster) at 5:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Try and make a point of rewarding the good behaviors she does with lots of praise and attention. If her own mom isn't real attentive maybe it's jealousy and she's trying to get a little of what your kids get. To a kid attention is attention even if negative. If that's all they can get they'll take it.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I try giving her things like my daughters i take her out with us she always has this glare in her eyes an blank look on her face ppl ask why she look so depresed i try giving her ice cream for brushing her teeth she still always resorts back to negative behavior
    premiemom18

Comment by premiemom18 (original poster) at 6:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my kids sometimes mimic their cousins and they get in trouble and since the parents don't want to disapline their kids when they are at my house and I don't like how they are acting I will tell them that is not how we act at my house so lets not do that and if they continue I will and I hove put them in time out while their parents are at my house so for the most part they right at my house know.
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010