Am I really being a bitch??

VERY long story short: I just moved in with my male friend and his brother. They are 29 and 37. I expected responsibility out of them. Since being here, I have pretty much being doing all the dishes, taking out the garbage, I have done all the shopping and cooking... you name it. I even make ALL the phone calls for repairs, pge, trash pick up, whatever. The first week here, the 29 year old, Joe, BLASTS his music all day long non-stop. This has finally come to an end, but I'm not sure why, so I don't know if I should expect it again. Then, for TWO WEEKS all he did was play on his computer, not do put shit away and slept on the futon in the living room all hours of the day or night and make it so no one could use the kitchen or lviing room.

Again, long story short: My mutual friend told him it would drive her crazy if he was doing that shit, so then he put his bed in his room. FINALLY. Now, he left his neice and nephew over at the hous unattended. When they are here, he ignores them and all they do is pester and harass me. They were here from 7am to 4pm unattended. I called him and left a voicemail stating I was upset. He didn't return my phone call or e-mail on facebook. NOW this morning I woke up at 7:30 am to the surround sound in the living room BLASTING to an aciton movie. I told my room mate and he appologized, then he said "well that's what speakers are for". Now he is telling me I need to "get over myself" and "deal with it". I posted something on my FB abou the dishes and Joe finally did them and now he is giving me attitude. Very long story short. They are brothers and they are both disrespectful and lazy as fuck. John keeps telling me "communication, we need to communicate" but NOTHING I say is listened to. I told him I have no patients left for it. And they both need to grow up and act considerate. He had told me "you need to realize, Joe is lazy and will never do a dish in his life" I said "you need to realize, you have room mates now, and joe is 29 and needs to grow up and act like an adult".... seriosuly... I'm livid out of my fuckin gmind. I wish I could pack up and move right now... three weeks into a 1 year lease...

poweredbycarma

Asked by poweredbycarma at 6:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• You didn't know the 2 of them were irresponsible before signing a lease? If I were you I would just do my own laundry and dishes and whatever and let them do rgeir own stuff. Don't play Mama to them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• That is what I am trying to do... but what about the noise issues?? I can't control that... And no. I had no idea they were this ridiculous.
    poweredbycarma

Comment by poweredbycarma (original poster) at 6:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Well, the more you do for them the more they will expect out of you. I wouldn't cook, or do dishes or do any laundry I would just pick u after myself and do you have children? And them. I would hide my dishes in my room. When he's sleeping I'd stick on that surrond sound and see how he likes it I wouldn't be as nice I would say pay back is a bitch.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Find a guy who can take over your lease and move out.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yeah.... those are all the things I am thinking of. It just sucks because everywhere is so expensive, and my credit is bad now (because I'm recovering from my son's passing) and I'm expecting in June... I really am tired of being in a rut. like this. I deserve better.
    poweredbycarma

Comment by poweredbycarma (original poster) at 6:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Move out. They can't get blood from a turnip, maybe move in with family.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Move in with family if you can.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You need to move. This is no place to bring a new baby. They will likely cover the rent since they do not want to get evicted. You have to take care of yourself and your child to be. Move on now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Good advice. I don't have family to move in with. My home situation is worse than this situation.
    poweredbycarma

Comment by poweredbycarma (original poster) at 7:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• COMMUNICATION OR A HOUSE MEETING.....what you have to realize as a woman that men will never do what we will do. Its in our nature to maintain a clean and healthy environment. 3 weeks and things are already going down hill then its time for a monthly meeting. You stated that you dont have anywhere else to go....so it seems as though it about that time to have an adult conversation with them both.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010