How can I find child care 7 days a week in Summerville, SC?

When I was young my parents were work-aholics with 4 kids. So what they did for child care is had the girls stay with my father's parents and the boys stay with my mother's parents. I have one 6years old daughter and I was looking for someone to watch her during the christmas break. Also when the christmas break is over during the weekends and some days. We are a two parent houseshold and we both work. I would love it if we can find a wonderful family with girl(s) my daughter's age.

Tauheedah

Asked by Tauheedah at 6:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Good luck with that! I'm right around the corner from you, but finding reasonable childcare has been insane. I'm currently a sahm until next fall when all of my children will be in school... too expensive it is!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You can post an ad on craigslist, but I'm pretty sure you will need multiple providers if you want an in-home because I don't know anyone that would do it 7 days a week. I watch a little girl 5 days a week (50 hours) and it's just too much for me. We're scaling back to 2 days a week in the new year and she's going to do "preschool" the other 3.

You can also ask around at your daughters school.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Look at care.com.  Use the pulldown to select child care providers and then your zipcode.  I just looked for Summerville and saw many choices.  Do not give out personal info until you correspond through the website and think there might be a match.  Meet at a local coffee shop or something the first time.  Get references and background check.  I even had my fingerprints done for one of the families I work for.  I found my two part time jobs through this website.  GL!!

http://www.care.com/care-p1271.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Look on sittercity.com
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would use a sitter site, to find people that have background checks and experience.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We have to use a baby sitter for the first time ever next week, as my husband and I have to both work on Christmas Eve. We found her through Girl Scouts. She is first aid and CPR trained, and has completed baby sitter training (yes, that's a real thing!)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010