My daughter has colic anyone else going through it and how do u deal with it?

Just colic

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 6:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of my kids had it , that is the most stressful situation I had to go through when they we're born, i feel for you. My doctor prescribed some sort of medication that smelled like pure alcohol, but I never gave it to my daughter, I suffered through it, i wasn't gonna drug her up. We tried different things like changing the formula she was on to Lactofree and then someone told me about these little capsules from our local health food store which disolved as soon as they touched the tongue. It was chamomile tablets, that did help some! Honestly there isn't much you can do for colic but suffer through it. My daughters lasted about 3 to 4 months, thats why I feel bad for you cause it's not gonna be easy. My suggestion is to ask for help from family or friends to give yourself breaks cause your gonna need it! Best of luck to you!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Colic isn't really a "diagnosis" it's a symptom of something else going on.... I would talk to your pediatrician about it and have them check her out.... usually it's something upsetting their stomach... so if you baby is breastfed it might be something in your diet you need to eliminate or if you baby is formula fed you might need a different formula. You'll also want you baby evaluated for reflux which is another common cause of "colic" symptoms.
    If you can figure out WHY she is so fussy you'll be able to correct it and she'll be much happier.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010