A good reason to go Anon - for you unbelievers lol

I kinda got in trouble when someone I know in real life joined CM and saw something I wrote that they didn't like and I had to do damage control. See, to me this place is a refuge. Being the internet, for the most part I can feel free to cut loose and not be guarded in what I say. Now I feel like my refuge has been invaded and I don't feel a chill as I did.

So now I feel like I have to either answer anything that could possibly burn me in real life later as ANON (so they can't really know its me cuz it hides the screenname) or create a totally new profile (which I dunno if thats even allowed to have more than one).

Just throwing that out there. Anon can be useful for personal security from people you know in real life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I can't say that I blame you. I've known people in the past who've created a new profile or secondary profile for reasons just like this.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I go anon when I don't want my friends on here knowing what I am asking or answering which isn't often. I have a daughter and my helper at work on here. So, I get where you are coming from. And if all this didn't go onto the recent activity on profiles then we wouldn't have to worry so much. My recent activity is loaded with what people are answering on here. I don't like that very much. It should be kept seperate. This part isn't all of CM and I thnk it should be not on there. JMO
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I've stated that before. It is a small world and you never know who you are going to meet or run into.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I just know only write or say what you would say in front of anyone.... #2 Rule of life....lol
    bubs57

Answer by bubs57 at 6:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Some [eople are mistakenly under the impression that the internet is only full of strangers. There are companies that will look you up online before hiring you and there are computer software out there that will allow people to see just about EVERYTHING you do online. Anon is there for a reason.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I understand needing a place to vent and I agree that is what Anon if for. For me I don't use it because I never say anything on here that I wouldn't say in real life. That is just me though!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• just create a new profile. deactivate your old and start anew.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yep, sometimes you need privacy and it does not mean you are sneaky.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree. Anon does serve a purpose.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You open your own group =invite ONLY the people you want and keep it PRIVATE! This will all allow you somewhere to go to be yourself without being invaded!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 6:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010