My daughter has colic is there anyone else going through the same thing what is it realy

Just colic

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 6:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hi johnandtabby, i answered your other question, but as far as what is colic? It's trapped gas, babies dont really know how to push it out so it gets trapped in their little bellies and it's very painful! The formula they are on can cause the gas, I'd ask their doctor about switching. An exercise my doctor showed me did help, take their legs and push them all the way up against their chest, keep doing it! I was amazed the gas that came out, it really did help!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• im sorry :( my oldest had it and it was pretty rough. up all hours of the night with a screaming child and not knowing how to help her, ugh it was just awful for both of us. i gave her Mylicon drops, which seemed to help a lot. Mylicon is safe for young infants in that it doesn't "absorb" through their systems. my pediatrician told me she gave it to her son at 2 weeks old. but you can always talk to the pharmacist when you go down there to buy it (if you choose to do so). it is basically painful gas that's trapped and causes baby to be very cranky and miserable. i like the idea of the above poster about pushing their legs up to their chest, seems like an awesome idea. hope you find something that works! GL!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have been there. My youngest had colic. What saved us was gripe water! The trainer at my school suggested it. It is sold in all grocery stores. I just gave him the dosage before a bottle and it was like an entire new baby. Good luck!
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 7:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Buy The Baby Whisperer. She has a great section on colic and little remedies to help the child.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• "Colic" is a medical term which means, "We really don't know why this child is crying but we MUST have a medical term!"

Usually it's merely gas. But it is also often baby's way of shutting the world out after a day of stimulation; if it's hitting in the evening, then you're dealing with the latter. Slowing things down in the late afternoon can help.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my 2month old son is colic also what we do cuz the only ting that helps him is driving in the car well that wste gas we put him in his car seat and put him on the dyer with a radio on and he falls right o sleep
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 1:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I know this is going to sound totally off they wall but my friends baby had it and i almost drove her mental and her doctor told her there was new evidence that leaning a colicky baby up against a purring cat-again, i know it must sound crazy, but was actually proven to greatly improve the baby's discomfort-so my friend tried it and i wouldve never believed it but it actually worked. so if you don't have a warm, cuddly cat-you might wanna get one....good luck
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010