Please Answer! Preterm Labor Question...?

my cramp like pains are becoming more every day and im watching them closey. im at school right now, thank goodness for shorten days. i was just wondering... how long after my water break(if it breaks) would i go into labor or give birth? well, how long was it for you? i dont remember what my other questions were. hmm...could you please just give me all the info you know on preterm labor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The dr broke my bag of waters both times with my kids. I honestly don't think it will ever break on its own. Just because your water hasn't broken doesn't mean you aren't going to go into labor soon. Both times they broke my water at 5 cm dialated and I had baby a few hours later. Every person is different. There's really no way of knowing until it happens.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think that you should probably contact your OB if you are genuinely concerned about pre term labor. While there may be a few doctors/midwives among us we don't know your history. The previous poster is correct though, your water does not have to break for you to deliver, I've actually watched (video) a birth in which the child delivered in the sac, it was pretty spectacular actually. How long are the 'cramps' lasting? They are most likely braxton hix, which can start around 16-18 weeks and continue up until delivery.
    carsonsmommy

Answer by carsonsmommy at 7:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010