At what age do you think it is appropriate for your SON to be dating?

gambilldl

Asked by gambilldl at 7:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• 30 lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• LOL - wait !! I AGREE!
    gambilldl

Comment by gambilldl (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 16 for group dates, same with my DD.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You know, my boys are only 2 and 4, so I have a long time to think about this, however, I don't think that the 'dating' that happens in high school is a bad thing. Typically it only lasts a few days, during which they only see each other at school, and maybe talk on the phone. I think as a parent you must set limits and expectations of your child, just like in anything else. Just make sure that they know school will always come first, and if they cannot follow the rules, then the girlfriend is the first to go. :p
    carsonsmommy

Answer by carsonsmommy at 7:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• OMG ds is 6 and just the thought of him driving in 10 years is more than enough!!!! My plan is to never let ds or dd date! *sigh* I really want grandkids though so I guess I'll have to at some point.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Dating is for the selection of a marriage partner, so whenever he is ready to be married, he is old enough to date.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 14 or 15 for group "dates" (mall or movie theater), at least 16 for "alone" dates.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 16 - same goes for my daughter. In fact, there should be no difference in standards between our sons and our daughters.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• when they finish high school
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When they finish high school. There is no point to dating in high school, it just causes problems.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010