Do you have a very special ornament (for anywhere in your home)?

gambilldl

Asked by gambilldl at 7:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Everyone except for the dog has there own ornament. My husband I share one, so we really don't have our own.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes. I do. When my dad died, there was a white dove tucked into the casket spray. I saved it and It is the first ornament I place on my tree every year. Daddy has been gone 26 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't call it an ornament, but we have my deceased MIL's nativity scene.

Answer by Bmat at 8:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, an ornament with my dad's picture in it.

Answer by older at 8:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have an angel that I hang in my home during the holidays in memory of my brother who passed away in 1996. The angel is wearing a dress the color of his birthstone, the garnet. I also have another ornament in memory of my brother that we put on the Christmas tree every year. I just miss him so much.
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, we have 6 of them. My great-grandmother made them (They're styrofoam balls covered in silk, with jewel beads, ribbon, & sequins pinned onto them) They're so beautiful! The ornaments used to be all my great-grandparents used on their tree- there were lots. When she dies, the ornaments were divided up among great-grandmother's kids, down each generation. My sister & I now each have six.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The photographer from our wedding gave us a "first christmas" ornament, some lovebirds or something on it. Kinda cute but im not sure I would call it special. I mean neither of us know her, really.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 10:53 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My dad died Christmas day 1994 I was 7 years old... I have this picyre of him in the heart shaped ornament with lace around it hanging on my tree it is my favorite one! Then my mom got ill and we thought she was going to die around Christmas too...SHE LIVED and is doing great.. But when we thought she wouldnt she gave me and my hubby and my brother and his gf ornaments red ones with santa and a smowman those are special to me as well
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• a tree topper mane from my weddng dress
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 10:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010