Was this guy so wrong or innocent mistake?

DD and I walking thru the mall. We went into a clothing store and we parted ways for a few minutes looking at different things. As I come back to where she is, this guy MY age is totally checking my DD out. I politely told him she's only 15yo, he's blushed, clearly embarrassed and apologized and added how I "have a very attractive young lady there and should keep an eye on that one".

Yes she is very pretty and has all the curves and I can see it being misleading to a man who doesn't know her and just sees whats on the outside.

Does that make him a perv or only if he knew she was underage and gawked anyways? Or is everyone secretly a perv and just knows to keep it to themselves in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• He was ok.We were at our beach house with a gaggle of 15 year old girls with my daughter.They were on the beach talking and all had huge sunglasses on.I was sitting and reading beside them.These young men 21 or 22 y/o come up and start talking and very minor flirting...they saw me.When they realized the girls were so young they almost tripped getting away and apoligized to me saying they were seniors in college.The girls were saying they were pervs.I said nope pervs wouldn't have cared about the age difference.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's quite possible she looked of age to him. It's also more likely he was acting like men do. Most guys are programmed to appreciate a good looking girl / woman. Doesn't meant they're a perv. It's not like he was asking for her number or on a date...
    jas_momof2

Answer by jas_momof2 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He didn't know how old she was, no harm, no foul. He reacted appropriately when he learned her age. Just looking doesn't make someone a perv, especially when the young woman in question appears older than she is.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Poor guy, I'm sure he had no idea how old she was. I don't think he was being a pervert at all, he just saw a beautiful girl.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Maybe it was an honest mistake. I know several teenage gilrs that would pass for of age. He also acted appropriately when he found out her age.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It makes him human.

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i had that happen with my younger sister. we were at a food lion and this spanish man kept gawking at her and I asked him what he was looking at that she was only 12. it made me made..some people dont care the age and yes some are pervs but not every is and if she does indeed look older then it could have been an honest mistake. its like it you or i were to see someone attractive and then found out he was younger..you would prob be embarrassed but its a normal reaction to notice attractive people..that to me is just human nature. now if this guy does this all the time-watch young girls that you know for sure they are young, then yes! he def. is a perv! anyway good luck with her!
    omason

Answer by omason at 8:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He was just being a guy.
    daisydays171

Answer by daisydays171 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• NannyB.. men checking out attractive women is normal. I wouldn't accuse him of bad intentions just because something caught his eye (unfortunatly it was my DD), but thats just being human.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It wouldn't really make any difference to me. A guy who is in the mall and is obviously checking out any woman, no matter her age, does not have the best of intentions.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010