What do you make of this?

While working out at the gym on the treadmills, this 40yo man was using the treadmill behind these two 20-yo girls looking very very nice, and the whole time his eyes are just locked on them as they used their own treadmills.

The girls just chatted away, oblivious to this guy staring at their behinds. When they were done, they walked off to the locker room together. Shortly afterwards, he stopped and used some weight machines for a few minutes before leaving himself.

Perv or just a normal thing? Should I have told someone? I don't know it just seemed wierd. But it not like he had to work real hard to see them, they were right in front of him and the treadmills are free for anyone to use. If you happen to be behind someone attractive, then oh well, but staring just seems ..wrong somehow even if they don;t know its happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Guys do this all the time, maybe it bothered you because he was older. But in his mind, he's still a young man, looking at girls. It is normal. If he knew someone was noticing him, he probably would have looked away. Or, if the girls would have turned around and noticed, he probably would have.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When I'm on the treadmill I stare straight ahead, I'm not even focused on anyone in front of me. Even if this guy was staring, it's sort of what guys do. It doesn't sound like he was being crude or inappropriate.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• This happens a lot at the gym, it happens to me quite often, but there is no law that says you can't look!

Answer by older at 8:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I guess it's a normal thing and being they did not feel threatened or like you said, they were oblivious to his looking at them, it's OK. Maybe a tad impolite, but good thing they did not know.

Now if he had been there licking his lips and standing there with a woody going on then I'd be telling some one to watch him, alright!

But, I have been known to stare a little at the guys, but not gawking. I find that rude.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He might have been a perv. He might have not been a perv. You can't assume that just because he was staring ahead, he was watching them.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• just seems rude. These girls were clueless and he clearly used the treadmill behind them for the express purpose of checking them out. And he just looked at the girls' asses the whole time. A good 10 minutes at least.

Maybe I'm making too big a deal of it and it was just a 10-minute eye candy treat for him that had his wife been here, he wouldn't have been able to do so he was having some harmless fun as long as the girl's weren't feeling violated by it. As long as there's not a reasonable expectation of privacy, I spose he's not doing anything more than being kinda impolite.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• you can usually tell when someone's eyes are focused on something. He was looking slightly down at the girls' butts as the speed walked. He wasn't looking up and ahead, he was looking slightly down and to his left.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• How do you know he wasn't just off in space thinking about something else? I don't think it's a big deal. The 2 girls probably assume someone is going to look at them.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• why do you care so much?? butthurt cuz he wasn't looking at you maybe??
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 6:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010