McConnell Effectively Scuttles Omnibus Plan

While everyone is arguing over this "to tax or not to tax" bill, an omnibus bill that was tabled last October that is supposed to keep Government running till the end of their fiscal year in October is being filled with the Democrats unfulfilled dreams. Another bill filled with thousands of Earmarks, pork and other wasteful spending. Yes, from both sides but my prediction is it won't pass, might not even be brought up till January. Things are different now and we are about to spend a trillion dollars on this other bill. Republicans won't let it happen.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It surprized me when I heard aout this. Harry Reed didn't hear what the public wanted, because he got re-elected, so he just has to keep on trying to spend more.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I hope they won't let it happen. Nothing surprises me anymore though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• woohoo GO MITCH GO!!

sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• REEALLY ???!

This bill is over 1900 pages long and Durbin says that Republicans are "delaying" when they insist that the bill be READ before a vote on it. He insists that it MUST get passed before Christmas, and he castigates the Republicans for wanting to read it.
    This bill contains 6000 earmarks.

And McConnell is moving to stop it ?!
    That's good news. I hope he / they succeed in preventing it ...

I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope ...

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Harry Reed didn't hear what the public wanted, because he got re-elected, so he just has to keep on trying to spend more.

Apparently none of the republicans did either because they put plenty of stuff in there too. It's really irritating when republicans walk around like thier shit doesn't stink.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2010