Bailouts for EVERYONE!

Do you think we should bail out the automakers? and if so when do we stop bailing out companies? For that matter do you think we should have started? For myself I am not real happy that all these big corperations are getting bailed out but people on mainstreet are left to suffer. If we have to work it out THEY should have to wor it out. What do you think??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do not agree we should bail any of them out either. Let the big wigs start scaling down their benefit packages and big vacations and company cars etc etc etc. I believe that the mainstreet people and businesses need help more thaen the large corporations, who by the way, have moved many, many of their factories overseas and left us without jobs. Let them fall and we can come up from the ashes. As it is now. They are standing in line and Nancy Pelosi is inking up her pen. It has to stop.
    Anonymous

• they should give us a raise then we can spend money and help stock and other businesses If they bail businesses out we dont got the money to spend
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 7:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You know I am in the car business and I say let them fail, and no we never should have lent a hand to wallstreet, it's never gonna end and if Obama wants to impress me he'll say hell no go bankrupt, then maybe a nobody will come up and start a new automaker and new banks will rise up. Put an end to it Obama if you want change, please.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree with everyone so far--noone bailed out millions of Americans that had to file bankrupt over the years so I think us bailing out the companies that messed up on their own is Crazy.
    lyon

Answer by lyon at 8:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• well since the government is bailing out every one who got themseleves in thier own problems, im hoping they bail out credit cards....yay no more debt :)

(being sarcastic)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i think if we let them fail then you fail the economy. see they invest in a lot of stuff that we invest in. say food. if the bank falls the cost of producing goes up or out of business then the other company say the supplier has no product to supply cause the producing people can't produce then you have the domino effect. it all comes back to us the buyers who need these products and the investors are the banks and companies we buy supplies from say like wal mart etc.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• it would hurt us terribly if we didn't bail them out. we would have to pay more to get these products in and the suppliers would have to ship from overseas etc. maybe do some google research on the bail out and why it's needed. we are citizens in a sense will be bail out cause we can't have this happen to us. think of the effect that it would bring if we can't buy diapers, food, gas or clothes etc. these companies invest in other companies that we rely on. they don't just sit on their wealth they invest in in stores like wal mart, t-mobile etc. i can't explain it all. we have no choice really
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• although i'm not sure about auto makers being bailed out but think of all the jobs that get lost when they aren't bailed out. you know the car sales men, the receptionist, auto mechanics at the dealerships, etc. cost of cars would go way up and car insurance as well i bet. less cars on the road so they would loose money cause not enough accidents as before. less attorneys or at least auto injury attorneys. not enough bad accident cause less cars you know. at least we'd be safer on the road. less cars to collide with.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well I will say this one of the big grocery chains up where I live is lowering their grocery prices indefinitely. They say it could be a savings of $60.00 a month for most families. This happens to be a very good company to work for its on the top list of companies and they pay well too. I think this is what all these companies should do.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• on the one hand, i don't want to bail out these huge corporations.
    on the other, i don't want them to cut even more jobs.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008