when cps knocks on the door...

of a reported family, will they say the reason they are there? For example: "a person called and said that you ___" or will they just use the phone tip as an excuse to go out there and not mention it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Did you give her your full name? You stated that you didn't give her your "information" so I'm going to go with the assumption that you didn't give your full name. CPS will not try to find out your name from a phone number that may show up on their caller ID. They'll just mention that they had a call regarding the household and are there to do a well child check. They will NEVER mention names or detailed reasons. If, however, you're nervous, call them back and let them know. They'll be able to look it up and notate the case file.

Good luck.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Not if you want to stay anon.

Answer by older at 8:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If you want to stay anon, they will not mention you. They may mention that there was a call, but will never say who it was. Protect yourself though, call using *67 and block your number.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• most will just saying the are doing a well check because of a disturbacne

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I did. they didnt even ask for my info

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have never done this but I have had to call animal services on my neighbors and even they kept it anonymous so I don't see why cps wouldn't. And i'm sure the family cps was called out for will know that someone had to have called.....
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm not asking about the revealing of my name but the reason of the call. The family will know who called on them if the reason behind the call is mentioned.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You sound like you are afraid of repercussions, deny it until you are blue in the face.

Answer by older at 9:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• the lady never asked for my info, yet she never asked if I wanted to stay anon. I forgot to mention I wanted to remain anon but since she didnt ask for any info am I in the clear?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no I'm not afraid, just nervous but not afraid. I called to help a child didnt I? Come on now. I've never done this before so give me a break. I dont want to be revealed so they can realize anyone could have called
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010