how to not feel soo tired with 7mo old

my 7mo. old is teething and he seems to want to go to bed early and then he wakes up lately about 12 or 1am and takes me awhile to get him back to sleep, then he will wake up a few more times and by the time he gets up at 5 or 6am i am soo tired. and this is everyday, and he wont really take very long naps if he takes one at all! I dont know if this is normal as i am only 34 and dont know how parents do this and are ok the next day. help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put your kid to bed later so that he is not waking up that early. if he goes to sleep too early then wake him up 2hrs later and play with him and stuff. then put him to bed when you go to bed. try to get him on your schedule.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Try to do whatever you can to get him to nap. This is vital. At least one solid nap where ever it happens is ok. Then start a solid, constant routine for bed time and put him in bed at the time you want him to go to sleep. Bath, bed time feeding and bed. At this age, he will probably still wake up at night but don't make a big production of it, little or no light, no talking. Just do what ever you do to get him to sleep. You can not expect your kids to sleep just because you want them to. Unfortunatly, being tired for this first year is normal. I am also 34 and I get about 5 solid hours a night, the other two hours is hit and miss. You will make it through...hang in there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are you co-sleeping?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no im not co-sleeping. i have at times laid down with him for a nap just because he cries when i lay him down and im so tired but he doesnt nap for long. he gets soo cranky early after we bathe him and seems like the time-change messed him up like he still thinks its an hour later.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My son just turned 8 months and he is the same way. He gets up 1-2 times every night. I have tried everything to get him to sleep better-
    I tried putting him to bed early, I tried keeping him up late, I tried getting him to nap longer,I tried skipping long naps, I tried feeding him a bowl of cereal before bed. Nothing makes a difference. I have friends with babies the same age who sleep 10 hours every night, I also have a friend whose baby sleeps just like my son. I know how you feel, I am soooo tired too. The only thing that helps is that I try to nap when he does.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010