Is there a hairspray out there that doesn't stink to high heaven???

I'm super sensitive to chemicals and get headaches just being near someone who's wearing hairspray..but I want to curl my hair for a special occasion and am wondering if there's anything out there I can use, my hair won't hold a curl at all without it...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you should use a heat-setting spray, before/as you use your curling tools. Redken has a few good ones, Hot Sets and Spray Starch. i prefer Spray Starch, it seems to have more 'stick' with curls than the other. use it as you use your curling iron/hot rollers, spraying lightly the strand of hair before you curl. each one. then, depending on how curly you want your style to look, lightly finger the 'set' to rid it of the stiff-look, or brush it out for long-holding waves. its not a heavy-scented product, at least not to me. and it saves you from having to use so much hairspray at the finish.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The Garnier Fructis with bamboo extract doesn't have a strong smell, & what little it does is pleasant. I have pretty bad asthma, & it doesn't bother me at all.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My mother always used pure lemon juice. It holds VERY well, doesn't stink, and doesn't cause build-up in your hair.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Pantene I think has one that is fragrance less.

Answer by older at 9:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• dullscissors - I agree with Dullscissors, also most products you go and but inside the saloon is a much better product for your hair anyways. and easier to wash out of your hair.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Aveda products don't stink, and work really well. I won't use anything else. You have to go to a salon or go to www.aveda.com, it's worth the trouble and every penny.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I like Aussie Mist. I always try them in the store cause my allergies get to me with hairsprays and gels.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• SamKJones~~Never heard of using lemon juice~~I'll have to try it out :)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• everything aussie makes smells awesome in my opinion
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 11:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2010