Illinois low income housing question adult content

I'm a single mom of 2 boys 3 and 1 me and their dad split up awhile ago. i have recently lost my job and lost my apartment. so now my boys are with their fathers or i spend time with them there while i stay at friends houses. I have been trying non stop to find a job going to job fairs and such. I do side work right now cleaning houses. Anyway I live in Illinois and i am trying to find a place to rent that is low income or something that goes by how much you make a month for rent. the section 8 out here isn't taking new applications. i have also tried calling the HUD authority our here and public aid but no one will give me any information. Does anyone know of places in Illinois between kane county and dekalb that goes by income?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Look for HUD housing on google. There are more agencies than just Section 8 and I found some through a search on HUD's website

Answer by admckenzie at 9:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• http://www.hud.gov/local/index.cfm?state=il&topic=renting

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010