What is this stuff mean?

Has anyone ever had a small(tiny) roundish stuff ( like a crumb size)come out from inside your throat I mean it is kind of mushy when you take it from your mouth and the smell of it smells like an old tooth when you dig deep in it (like bad plaque).
Like the smell at the dentist office after the dentist has worked on some teeth. YUK!

I know TMI but this happens once in awhile, what the heck is it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• I had to ask my doc this when it happened to me. He said the medical term(which I don't remember) and I guess my expression said enough because then he called them tonsil buggers( I know sounds nasty) He said that i have a small area that particles build up in near my tonsils. What you described sounds just like the thing I had. He said it was no big deal. Since then I have asked others and have found plenty of other people who get them sometimes.
    graybugsmom

Answer by graybugsmom at 8:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sounds to me like plaque. Try brushing better or see your dentist.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Like graybugsmom said, they're like throat boogers. It's totally gross, but I'm pretty sure it's normal.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ya that sound like what i was getting in my throat. have you had your touncles removed? if you havnet i would ask your dr if you can have them removed, cause i had mine removed and they went away.
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• it may be tonsillitis. if the lumps are yellow-greenish or are foul smelling, they may be infected. if it's an ongoing issue, or it becomes uncomfortable - like you got stuff caught in your throat a lot of the time, you need to see an Ear Nose Throat specialist. I had this, and after 2 separate courses of antibiotics, they ended up having to remove my tonsils. I was 27 at the time. My ENT lasers them out these days. He told me I had the most infected tonsils he'd ever seen lol. I felt so spershull lmao. so bottom line, if it's just every once in a blue moon - no biggie, if it's chronic or bothersome - go see a doc.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008