Anyone know about Medical transcription?

laurie62

Asked by laurie62 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know that most drs are using handheld computers now so medical transcription isn't really needed. I personally know 2 people who took a medical transcription course through the local community college and now can't get jobs.

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• it's a dying field of work. dr's are doing everything electronically.
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 9:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I used to do it from my home, but that was about 18 years ago. Back then it was really something you could make a lot of money with. I was in business for myself and I charged what I wanted to. Now, I don't think you can really do that with all the privacy laws. The only place I know that still hires are MT Daily. There was a couple of ads posted last week though that I blogged about.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I know you need to take classes to learn medical coding and terminology. I also know it's a pretty dull job. A lot of repetition and no variety.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010