My new husband took a job, (not like the work he is used to) really close to our house. He worked one day and then called in the next and just didn't bother the day after that. What should I do?

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 9:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Encourage him to get a new job

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• tell him to get off his lazy butt and go to work or you will leave, my son in law is the same way.
    catsmom393

Answer by catsmom393 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Tell him to get out of your house and off to work. What's his problem? How can anyone decide to abandon a job after just one day? Sounds pretty lazy to me.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• divorce him and move on!!! MY ex was the same way and I am so happy he is gone!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sounds like he needs to think more about his family and less about himself. Tell him to get up and go to work.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• well at this point that job is gone. so he has to go find another one. unless he has some kind of valid reason and they know about it. maybe he got fired and didn't tell ya. there are so many more people that are not lazy and would love to have that job that are out of work right now. he is lucky he got job.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• What can you really do? Maybe he isn't ready to be married?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Tell him to work or you're gone!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Remind him you have bills to pay and the job market is tight so he better no loose this job.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010