Would you ever not be someones friend because of their weight??

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 9:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I think your weight has nothing to do with your ability to be or have a good friend.

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't really look at their weight. I am not all that thin myself. In the end it doesn't effect my choice in friends.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I will not be friends with someone who wraps their whole life around the way they look....skinny or overweight. There are too many other interesting things to talk about then just dieting and weight issues.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Weight should never factor in in any area of your relationships! There is beauty that we are surrounded by in everyone! We need to start understanding that listening and not looking should be more important as what we have to learn by being told may last a lifetime!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 9:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If someone would choose not to be your friend or even give you a chance to be friends because they have pre-judged you based on your appearance, whether that is being overweight, wearing make-up or the way you dress, etc., would you really want to be friends with someone like that anyway? Why would it matter if someone decides to avoid you because of your weight?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no, but I did have an overwieght bud I felt uncomfortable around in public because he didn't have an self-respect. When we ate, it was embarrassing. He had a problem. And his house always smelled odd. Very nice warm hearted person otherwise.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would always be someones friend even if their a beanpole or a chunky monkey (like me ) a friend is a friend no matter thier size.
    candycat1981

Answer by candycat1981 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no, how shallow would that be? i have tiny friends and big friends. i love them all the same.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no but there was a study done. i read it i think a couple of years ago that most people surround themselves with people that are like them meaning if you are overweight most of your firends are. ofcourse there are exceptions. same goes for family members. i was the opposite most of my friends in school were all much thinner then me. and shorter. but its interesting to think. socializing alot now deals around food. lets go to lunch. let make dinner plans. come over for dinner. ect. i wish i could find the article. maybe i will google it.

i would never do that because i been on both ends of the spectrums.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010