I must say..

I am glad to see other moms out there who do some of the same things i do when kids do not follow the rules...
An example is the cleaning room question, seeing other moms do as i do and take control by takeing their kids belongings away.
There are many other examples but just seeing that there are others going thorough the same issues as i am and are dealing with as i am sure makes me feel i'm doing somehting right! ;)

BobbieJo286

Asked by BobbieJo286 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is an issue that most of us go through sat one time or another.

Answer by older at 9:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yeah I know a few dads who do the same things. I got some of my "tough love" ideas from my dad. I try the softer approach first, then I get tough.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Me as well. :) I've been called "mean" and that I don't understand, but at the end of the day I have some pretty great kids who respect the rules. It's important that kids learn responsibility and consequences. To me, that's one of the biggest jobs in being a parent.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am pretty new at this, it's my boyfriends kids who seem to be all "ON SELF WILLED RUN RIOT" when i first came into the picture.. no9ne of em followed the rules nor cleaned up their stuff... they did as they pleased, disrespectful in every way.. it has taken months of being the meany but all three of them have come along way.. It's just nice to see that some of the disicipline i have used others before me use ;)
    BobbieJo286

Comment by BobbieJo286 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We need to remember that we're not just raising children, we're molding future adults. We're not their buddies, we are their parents and we need to act like it. Most of the kids I see who are total brats have parents who aren't willing to act like parents.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010